Mar 10-14 - SPRING BREAK
Mar 17 9am-10am - Kaffeeklatsch
Mar 20 - Science Fair
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
If you are looking for a school for your child or are a new student or parent, please explore our website for information about our school. Please Click Here To Watch Our “Why Rilke Schule?” Video created by ASDTube
- Rilke Schule Needs Your Support! Our legislature is currently reviewing three main education bills that, among other things, address the way our public charter schools are funded. Please read this letter to find out how you can help!
- Click here for information regarding this year’s principal evaluation process. It is being made available to you by the Rilke Schule Performance Committee.
- The Minutes from the Building Task Force Meeting on March 2 are now available. . Click here to view them.
- March’s Die Panther Presse Newsletter is now available! Click this link to read it!
- Registration for 4th Quarter Clubs and Activities is now open. Visit the School Clubs and Activities Page to see the list and register.
- APC election results have been announced: Dave Hemstreet, Bob Griffin, and Kjerstin Lastufka are the new seated members. Thank you to all who took the time to vote.
- Student Art Exhibition – On behalf of Frau Collins you’re invited to attend The 42nd Annual Student Art Exhibition “Creative Tide”. Kudos to Frau Collins and the wonderful work she creates with her students. Rilke Schule will be represented at the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center February 27-March 23, with auxiliary exhibits available at Loussac Library February 27 – March 23, Chugiak-Eagle River Municipal Library February 27 – March 22, and Sears Mall March 3 – March 23.
- There will be NO SCHOOL Monday, March 10 through Friday, March 14. Have a great Spring Break!
- Kaffeeklatsch with the Principal will be Monday, March 17 from 9am to 10am.
- The Rilke Schule Science Fair will be held March 20. Grade levels 4 through 8 are required to participate. Lower grade levels are encouraged to participate, but not required.
8:30AM-2:30PM – Judging/Class Visits
6:00PM-7:30PM – Parent Night/Open to the Public
- Kinderfest will take place Saturday, March 22 from 10am to 12pm. Kinderfest is an event hosted by our German kindergarten teachers and is designed to allow you and your child to see what it is like to participate in an immersion classroom. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to sign up for one for the 20 spots.
- The next APC meeting will be a special session on Monday, March 24 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- The next RSV meeting will be held Tuesday, March 25 at 6pm.
- Theme Days: Friday, April 18 is Backwards Day! Click here for more information on theme days and the dress code policy.
- The Fourth Revision of the APC Bylaws have been approved. Click here to view updated bylaws.
- Student lunches can now be purchased online! Visit this page for more information.
- The lottery application period for incoming 2014-2015 students is currently open. Any students who will be new to Rilke must apply via the lottery regardless of whether they have a sibling currently attending Rilke. Current students do not need to re-apply to attend Rilke Schule next year. Visit our registration information page for more details, or, to start the lottery application process, visit the ASD lottery page. The lottery deadline is Thursday, March 27th at 3pm.
- March Lunch Menu. Meal prices for student lunches are as follows: Elementary students: $3.35, Adults: $4.35, Reduced price meals: $0.40. Click Here for more info on the hot lunch program.
- OPEN LETTER – From the APC to Rilke Community regarding a future facility.
- Survey – Click the link to view the New School Survey completed at Open House. Contact email@example.com if you have any comments or questions.