Oct 22 & 23 - Parent
Students released at 11:45
Oct 24 - NO SCHOOL
Oct 28 - Flu Clinic
Oct 28 - 6PM -7PM -
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- Registration for second-quarter clubs and activities is now available. Please visit the School Clubs and Activities page for registration forms and other information. The registration process has changed, please note the updated registration information on the School Clubs and Activities page.
- The October 2014 version of Die Panther Presse is now available at this link.
- The October Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- Parent Conferences will be held Wednesday, October 22nd and Thursday, October 23rd from noon to 7:00 PM. Students will be released early on these days, at 11:45 AM. Please use the ASD online conference scheduler to schedule your conference.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 24th due to professional development day.
- Tuesday, October 28th is the day of the flu clinic starting at 8:30 AM. If you would like your child to receive the Nasal Flu Mist vaccine, be sure to fill out the paperwork and bring it in to the front office as soon as possible. The paperwork is available in the October Newsletter.
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, October 28th, from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Friday, October 31st is Costume Friday. Students are encouraged to wear a costume portraying their favorite story book or movie character. No masks or face paint.
- The next regular APC meeting will be Monday, November 10th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- The annual RSV Trunk-or-Treat will be held Saturday, November 1st, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the Rilke Schule parking lot.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.
- Student lunch prices have been increased by ASD. Meal prices for student lunches are as follows: Elementary students: $3.45, Adults: $4.45, Reduced price meals: $0.40 (unchanged). Visit this page for menus and more information.
- A new memo from Herr Ball to parents of fourth graders detailing information for the upcoming school year can be viewed here.
- The Building Task Force Meeting Minutes for July 31 can be found at this link.
- Club Registration is now available! Download this form to make your selections, and return it to the office. Reminder: do not pay any fees online, until your paperwork has been turned in and a space in said club has been secured.
- Theme Days for the 2014-2015 school year will be announced once school is back in session! Click here for more information on theme days and the dress code policy.