Sept 1 - School starts
Sept 8 - 6-8PM -
Sept 9 - School starts
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
The 2015-2016 First Quarter Clubs Registration Form is now available at this link! Club registration for 1st Quarter will be Monday, August 24th from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM at 5530 E. Northern Lights, Anchorage, AK 99504 (Room 12 on the 2nd Floor of the ASD Ed Center). Registration is first come first serve.
Once in-person registration is complete on 8/24/15, payment will only be accepted through Zangle – cash or check payments for clubs will be accepted at the new school after 9/1/15.
- The School Supply List for 2015-2016 is now available at this link!
- Registration information is now available at this link
Modified School Start and End Dates
While it has been our hope for a timely opening, we learned last week that our new building will not quite be ready for the traditional school start date, resulting in modified school year start and end dates for our students.
School Start Dates
September 1, 2015: Classes begin for students in grades 2 – 8
September 9, 2015: Classes begin for Kindergarten and 1st grade students.
School End Date
June 2, 2016: All classes end.
We understand that the delay in our school’s starting date may create an inconvenience for some families. The APC and Principal Ball have worked hard to find solutions to assist families during this brief window and have worked with some local camps to extended their summer schedules to accommodate Rilke Schule students.
For more information, please see the attached letter from Principal Ball, our APC Chair and the ASD Charter School Director.
- Rilke Schule will be holding an open house at our new facility on Tuesday, September 8th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Support our school! Follow this link for a letter detailing our progress so far and our upcoming needs as we prepare to move into our new facility!
- The Charter Renewal document can be found at this link. A document explaining the changes to the charter can be found at this link.
- The May 2015 version of Die Panther Presse can now be read at this link.
- A German Football (Soccer) Camp will be offered this summer by Herr Whitely and Frau Drumm! Sponsored by the Anchorage School District and the American Association of Teachers of German, this camp will focus on learning football skills and developing and appreciation for football in Germany. To sign up, fill out this form! Space is limited.
- Information and practice tests for the Alaska Measures of Progress (AMP) Test
for 3rd through 8th graders is now available at this link.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.