Oct 8 - 7:00 - 9:00AM -
Oct 13 - 6:30 - 7:30PM
Drama Club Play
Oct 16 - NO SCHOOL -
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well. The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government. Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- The 2015-2016 Second Quarter Clubs Registration Form is now available at this link! Please also download and fill out this Off Campus Club Participation Form to allow your student to participate in any off-campus field trips. In person 2nd Quarter Club Registration begins Thursday, October 8th from 7:00 to 9:00 AM in the lobby.
- School Portrait Day will be Monday, October 12th. Rilke Schule Dress Code applies, these photos are used in the yearbook. (There is another photo day in the spring and casual dress is allowed then.)
- The Drama Club Play will be Tuesday, October 13, from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM in the Rilke Schule Gym.
- There will be NO SCHOOL Friday, October 16th due to teacher inservice.
- Parent Conferences will be Wednesday, October 21st from 12:00 to 6:00 PM and Thursday, October 22nd from 12:00 to 6:00 PM. Release time is 11:30 AM.
- There will be NO SCHOOL Friday, October 23rd due to Professional Development Day.
- Teacher Room Assignments are now available at this link.
- The Traffic Patterns for Pickup and Dropoff can now be viewed at this link.
- The School Supply List for 2015-2016 is now available at this link!
- Modified School Start and End Dates While it has been our hope for a timely opening, we learned last week that our new building will not quite be ready for the traditional school start date, resulting in modified school year start and end dates for our students.School Start Dates September 1, 2015: Classes begin for students in grades 2 – 8 September 9, 2015: Classes begin for Kindergarten and 1st grade students. School End Date June 2, 2016: All classes end. We understand that the delay in our school’s starting date may create an inconvenience for some families. The APC and Principal Ball have worked hard to find solutions to assist families during this brief window and have worked with some local camps to extended their summer schedules to accommodate Rilke Schule students. For more information, please see the attached letter from Principal Ball, our APC Chair and the ASD Charter School Director.
- Support our school! Follow this link for a letter detailing our progress so far and our upcoming needs as we prepare to move into our new facility!
- The May 2015 version of Die Panther Presse can now be read at this link.
- Information and practice tests for the Alaska Measures of Progress (AMP) Test for 3rd through 8th graders is now available at this link.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.