Oct 13, 6 - 8:30pm -
Oct 17 - NO SCHOOL
Oct 22 & 23 - Parent
Students released at 11:45
Oct 24 - NO SCHOOL
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- The September 2014 version of Die Panther Presse is now available at this link.
- The September Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- The next APC meeting will be Monday, October 13th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- The Drama Club will be presenting a play on Thursday, October 16 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 17th due to professional development day.
- Parent Conferences will be held Wednesday, October 22nd and Thursday, October 23rd from noon to 7:00 PM. Students will be released early on these days, at 11:45 AM.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 24th due to professional development day.
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, October 28th, from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.
- Student lunch prices have been increased by ASD. Meal prices for student lunches are as follows: Elementary students: $3.45, Adults: $4.45, Reduced price meals: $0.40 (unchanged). Visit this page for menus and more information.
- A new memo from Herr Ball to parents of fourth graders detailing information for the upcoming school year can be viewed here.
- The Building Task Force Meeting Minutes for July 31 can be found at this link.
- Club Registration is now available! Download this form to make your selections, and return it to the office. Reminder: do not pay any fees online, until your paperwork has been turned in and a space in said club has been secured.
- Theme Days for the 2014-2015 school year will be announced once school is back in session! Click here for more information on theme days and the dress code policy.