May 21 - Last day for students
May 26 - 6-7PM -
May 28 - 6-7PM -
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- Support our school! Follow this link for a letter detailing our progress so far and our upcoming needs as we prepare to move into our new facility!
- A new letter from the APC can be viewed at this link.
- Google Calendar is currently having issues for some users on some browsers. If you are unable to see events on the Rilke Schule calendar, please try using a different browser or device, or add the Rilke Schule calendar to your own calendar list using the instructions at the bottom of the calendar page. Google is currently working on the issue and we hope they will have a fix in the near future.
- The May 2015 version of Die Panther Presse can now be read at this link.
- The May Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- A German Football (Soccer) Camp will be offered this summer by Herr Whitely and Frau Drumm! Sponsored by the Anchorage School District and the American Association of Teachers of German, this camp will focus on learning football skills and developing and appreciation for football in Germany. To sign up, fill out this form! Space is limited.
- The last day for students is Thursday, May 21st. This will also be crazy hair day!
- Rilke Spieltag will be Thursday, May 21 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, May 26th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The next APC meeting will be Thursday, May 28th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM in Portable B.
- Information and practice tests for the Alaska Measures of Progress (AMP) Test
for 3rd through 8th graders is now available at this link.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.