Dec 19 - 6PM - special APC meeting
Dec 19 - Jan 2 - NO SCHOOL
Jan 6 - 6PM - 7PM
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
The APC will hold a special meeting Friday, December 19th at 6:00 PM at school with a presentation from Mark Foster, Anchorage School District CFO, about the lease for the Rilke Schule school building project.
Members of the RSI and Building Task Force will also be in attendance. The location (gym vs a portable) and agenda will be posted here when available.
The previously-scheduled Town Hall meeting will still take place on Monday, January 5. However, given last night’s ASD recommendation and School Board vote in favor of the proposed lease, the APC would like to update parents with this new information.
- A new letter from the APC regarding the ongoing effort to find a larger facility for Rilke Schule can be found at this link.
- Third Quarter Club Registration Will be Monday, December 15th at 7:00 AM. 3rd Quarter club forms will be sent home on Friday, December 12th. You can also download the forms from the School Clubs and Activities page.
- Kinder Market will be Monday, December 15th through Thursday, December 18th. The Kinder Market is a Holiday Market sponsored by RSV which gives students the opportunity to shop for their families. The items will be priced from $0.05 – $5.00.
- Twins Day is Thursday, December 18th. Dress up as a twin! Students who do not participate in theme days must conform to the Rilke dress code.
- NO SCHOOL Friday, December 19th through Friday, January 2nd, in celebration of Winter Break.
- There will be a town hall meeting Monday, January 5 at 6:00 PM in the school gymnasium.
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, January 6th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The next APC meeting will be Monday, January 12th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- There will be a second town hall meeting Monday, February 2nd at 6:00 PM in the school gymnasium.
- The December 2014 version of Die Panther Presse is now available at this link.
- The December Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.