March 1 - Pennies for Patients starts
March 4 - Dr Seuss Day and Declamation
March 6 - 13 - NO SCHOOL
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- Pennies for Patients starts March 1st.
- Doctor Seuss Day is Thursday, March 5th. Dress like your favorite Seussian character!
- Declamation is Thursday, March 5th from 9:00 AM to noon for German and 1:00 – 1:30 PM for French.
- There will be NO SCHOOL Friday, March 6th due to grade reporting day.
- There will be NO SCHOOL Monday, March 9th through Friday, March 13th due to Spring Break.
- It’s Science Fair Time! The Rilke Science Fair is March 19th, but now is the time to get started! Here are the links you need:
- The next APC meeting will be Monday, March 23rd from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, March 31th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The March Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- The February 2015 version of Die Panther Presse can now be read at this link.
Do you live in Alaska? Do you have German heritage? Rilke Middle School is conducting a survey.
Please participate by visiting this link, and share, share, share!
- Information and practice tests for the Alaska Measures of Progress (AMP) Test
for 3rd through 8th graders is now available at this link.
- The APC Candidate Information Packet is now available at this link.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.