Oct 31 -
Nov 1 - 6PM - 7PM -
Trunk or Treat
Nov 7 - Fall of the Berlin Wall commemoration
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- The November Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- The School Building Project has a new page! Click this link for a copy of the presentation given by the APC on October 16th, and read the APC response to questions submitted at the meeting.
- School budget information is now available at this page.
- The October 2014 version of Die Panther Presse is now available at this link.
- Friday, October 31st is Costume Friday. Students are encouraged to wear a costume portraying their favorite story book or movie character. No masks or face paint.
- The First Quarter Awards Ceremony will be held Friday, October 31st from 9:15 AM to 10:30 AM in the Rilke Schule gymnasium. 3rd – 8th grade will be from 9:15 to 9:45, K – 2nd will be from 10:00 to 10:30. Frau Brickwell and Herr Birmanns’s second graders attend the second session.
- The annual RSV Trunk-or-Treat will be held Saturday, November 1st, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the Rilke Schule parking lot.
- There will be an APC Special Meeting Sunday, November 2nd from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Rilke Schule will commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall on Friday, November 7th.
- Barnes and Noble will be hosting a book fair for Rilke Schule on Saturday, November 8th from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. There will be several fun family activities and the opportunity to support our school by buying books!
- Sankt Martinstag is Saturday, November 8th! Come join us in the Rilke Schule gym and parking lot from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Meanwhile, please send clean clear plastic containers to school with your children, which will be used to make Sankt Martinstag lanterns to carry in the procession.
- The next regular APC meeting will be Monday, November 10th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, November 25th, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.
- Student lunch prices have been increased by ASD. Meal prices for student lunches are as follows: Elementary students: $3.45, Adults: $4.45, Reduced price meals: $0.40 (unchanged). Visit this page for menus and more information.
- Club Registration is now available! Download this form to make your selections, and return it to the office. Reminder: do not pay any fees online, until your paperwork has been turned in and a space in said club has been secured.
- Theme Days for the 2014-2015 school year will be announced once school is back in session! Click here for more information on theme days and the dress code policy.