Sept 1 - Labor day,
Sept 12 -
All School PhotoWear your class's color
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
If you are looking for a school for your child or are a new student or parent, please explore our website for information about our school. Please Click Here To Watch Our “Why Rilke Schule?” Video created by ASDTube
- The August 2014 version of Die Panther Presse is now available at this link.
- The August Lunch Menu and September Lunch Menu are now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
- APC Opening – Accepting Nominations
APC member Bob Griffin has regretfully resigned his position. He will continue to be a vocal advocate for Rilke Schule and other charter schools in the community and political arena, and we wish him well.The APC is accepting nominations for this vacant seat (for the term ending February 2016) and will vote on a replacement during the September meeting.If you are interested, please email the APC (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 12 indicating your interest in the position, and attend the September 15 meeting (6 – 8:30 p.m.). Each candidate will have three minutes to introduce themselves, explain their interest in joining the APC, and outline their qualifications and experience.
Thanks for your interest and involvement!
- There will be NO SCHOOL Monday, September 1 in observation of Labor Day.
- The All School Photo will be taken Friday, September 12th. Students need to wear the following color shirt:
- Kindergarten and 1st graders = gold
- 2nd – 3rd = red
- 4th – 8th = black
- Student lunch prices have been increased by ASD. Meal prices for student lunches are as follows: Elementary students: $3.45, Adults: $4.45, Reduced price meals: $0.40 (unchanged). Visit this page for menus and more information.
- The next APC meeting will be Monday, September 15 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- A new memo from Herr Ball to parents of fourth graders detailing information for the upcoming school year can be viewed here.
- The Building Task Force Meeting Minutes for July 31 can be found at this link.
- Club Registration is now available! Download this form to make your selections, and return it to the office. Reminder: do not pay any fees online, until your paperwork has been turned in and a space in said club has been secured.
- Supply lists for the 2014-2015 school year are now available!
- May’s Die Panther Presse Newsletter is now available! Click this link to read it!
- Theme Days for the 2014-2015 school year will be announced once school is back in session! Click here for more information on theme days and the dress code policy.