March 1 - Pennies for Patients starts
March 26 - Declamation
March 30 & Apr 1 - Talent Show Auditions
Welcome to Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences!
Welcome to the Home of the Panthers. Thank you for your interest in Rilke Schule, a K-8th grade German Immersion Charter School in the Anchorage School District. Unlike all other immersion schools in Anchorage, all students attending our school are immersed in the foreign language and culture, and that learning is reinforced throughout the curriculum in non-German subjects as well.
The German Government has recognized Rilke Schule as a German Immersion School Abroad. Furthermore, Rilke Schule is a member of the initiative “Schools: Partners for the Future” (Schule: Partner der Zukunft; short PASCH). For this recognition and membership Rilke Schule receives annual financial support from the German Government.
Rilke Schule is a 5-star rated school, per the Alaska State Performance Index, which is the highest rating possible. In addition, have been honored with the “German Center of Excellence” designation from the American Association of Teachers of German. Ours was the only program to receive this distinction in 2014. The selection committee noted our highly qualified staff, strong support from administration and parents, and our program curriculum that is “culturally authentic.”
- A German Football (Soccer) Camp will be offered this summer by Herr Whitely and Frau Drumm! Sponsored by the Anchorage School District and the American Association of Teachers of German, this camp will focus on learning football skills and developing and appreciation for football in Germany. To sign up, fill out this form! Space is limited.
- The March 2015 version of Die Panther Presse can now be read at this link.
- Pennies for Patients starts March 1st.
- Declamation HAS BEEN MOVED to Thursday, March 26th. The German poetry recitation will take place from 9 – 11:15 a.m. The French presentations are from 12:45 – 1:15. Awards will begin at 1:30. Jo Sanders will travel to Abbott Loop and will present the awards to 4th graders at 2:30.
- Talent Show Auditions will be Monday, March 30th from 3:00PM to 4:00PM and Wednesday, April 1st from 3:00PM to 4:00PM in Herr Downie’s portable. Students who wish to audition MUST SIGN UP by 3:15PM on Thursday, March 26th.
- The next RSV meeting will be Tuesday, March 31th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The next APC meeting will be Monday, April 13th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- The March Lunch Menu is now available. For more information about school lunches, please visit the School Lunches page.
Do you live in Alaska? Do you have German heritage? Rilke Middle School is conducting a survey.
Please participate by visiting this link, and share, share, share!
- Information and practice tests for the Alaska Measures of Progress (AMP) Test
for 3rd through 8th graders is now available at this link.
- Interested in making use of the Rilke Schule school logo? Permission must first be granted by the APC. Please see the Rilke Schule Policy on the use of Rilke Schule Name, Images, Logos, and Brand.