Rilke Schule is a tuition-free K-8th grade Charter school that is part of the Anchorage School District. Charter schools offer alternative teaching methods or curricula different from regular public schools. In our case, students are immersed in the German language for half of the school day. School year 2012-2013 will be our fifth year of operation. If you have any questions about our program, please call us at (907) 742-7455 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click lower right corner of video to make full screen.
Please look around our website to learn more about the school. If you don’t see information you are interested in, give us a call or send an email. Click on the categories below, or on the items on the left for more information. Be sure to check out our School News and Upcoming Events to see what is happening. We look forward to meeting you!
Academic Policy Committee (APC)
German Adult Classes
German Cultural Events
Drop Off/Pick Up
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A Brief History
Mission and Vision
Rilke Schule Verein RSV (PTO)
RILKE SCHULE PUBLICATIONS
Our trifold brochure gives a quick overview of our program and what the school is about.
Our parent handbook is a more in-depth publication that spells out the school’s mission, vision, goals, curriculum, and policies.
RILKE SCHULE SCHOOL TOURS
Interested in Rilke Schule? You are welcome to come and have a tour of our school. Please call the school at 742-7455 and set up an appointment. Individual tours are preferred as large groups disrupt students and teachers.
You can learn about before and after school activities at Rilke Schule on our School Clubs web page.
PARENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Rilke Schule has an active group of parent volunteers who are happy to help interested families learn more about the school. Rilke Schule has a program to put prospective families in touch with a ‘Parent Ambassador’. These parents are available to address your questions about the school from a parent’s perspective.
Please send the school an email (email@example.com) if you would like to speak to a Parent Ambassador, and they will put you in touch with someone.
RILKE SCHULE VEREIN EMAIL
Our parent volunteer organization, the Rilke Schule Verein, sends out a weekly email newsletter with news and events about Rilke Schule on Wednesday afternoon. To join the email newsletter, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be put on the newsletter mailing list.
WHY RILKE SCHULE?
* We made the grade! Rilke Schule has passed its AYP testing every year.
* Rilke Schule is officially recognized by, and has received financial support from the German government.
* Uniqueness: The entire school (ALL students, faculty, and staff) participates in the immersion into the German language and culture and the program spans elementary and middle school.
* Learning a foreign language develops basic skills such as communication, listening, and memory, which are beneficial for your child’s English language development.
* Rilke Schule has had the pleasure of hosting numerous native German education major interns so far through a wonderful organization called ’The Amity Institute’. Having native German speakers volunteer in the classrooms is a great benefit to our students.
* We celebrate major German holidays and traditions. For example, the students build lanterns in November for our annual lantern walk (St. Martinstag), and St. Nikolaus visits school to fill the children’s boots on St. Nikolaustag.
* Rilke Schule has two partner schools in Leverkusen and Eiselfing, Germany. Rilke students have the opportunity to develop friendships with pen/e-mail pals and the upper grades can participate in an exchange program.
* Adult German classes are offered in the evenings for parents and community members who want to learn or are interested in the German language.