School Clubs and Activities
Rilke Schule offers a number of activities and options for children before and after school. We sponsor an extended school day early in the morning, and a homework club after school. In addition, we have a number of other before and after school activities. Other organizations also offer activities for children before and after school.
The 2015-2016 First Quarter Clubs Registration Form is now available at this link!
Updated Registration Information
- We have had several parents ask for “Drop-In” coverage for miscellaneous situations. We apologize, all clubs are full to capacity and we have no space for drop-in students. We suggest making other arrangements with a friend or family member, or schedule that long awaited play date.
- CLUB REGISTRATION FOR 1ST QUARTER WILL BE MONDAY – AUGUST 24th from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM at 5530 E. Northern Lights, Anchorage, AK 99504 (Room 12 on the 2nd Floor of the ASD Ed Center).
- DO NOT PAY ON-LINE FOR CLUBS BEFORE YOUR FORM IS TURNED IN AND YOUR SPACE IS CONFIRMED.
The Registration Process:
- No cash or check payments will be accepted this day.
- Laptops will be set up so payments may be made online via Zangle.
- Cash/Check payments will be accepted on Tuesday, February 24th – Thursday, February26th.
- To make the process fair to all, registration must be done in person.
- Please do not send forms via your student’s teacher. Teachers are not responsible for lost or delayed forms.
Classes may be canceled if less than 10 children are enrolled. If your child is in an activity that ends at 4:15 and you will not be picking him or her up until 5 PM, you will need to sign your child up for the second hour of Homework Club. All students not picked up promptly from an activity will be sent to Homework Club and the parents will be charged an additional fee. If a child is picked up more than fifteen minutes after the designated pickup time, a fee of $25 will be charged for each additional fifteen minutes, paid to the staff member who stays with your child. If you are going to arrive late, please call (907)570-2496 and notify the staff member in charge.
UPDATED SCHEDULE FOR ACTIVITIES:
REMINDER – There will be NO after school activities during parent-teacher conferences.
DETAILS: FUN FRIDAYS
Fun Fridays are every Friday from 1:45 – 3:00 PM and MUST be signed up for in advance. Registration is only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Required registration information is:
* Student Name and Grade
* Parent(s) Name(s)
* Emergency contact number(s)
Payment should be submitted to the ‘Fun Fridays’ drop box mounted outside the front office. If you would like to register your child for less than a full quarter, email the above address to confirm there is space available before 5 pm the Wednesday prior to the Friday your child will attend (at the latest). There will be NO day of admittance to Fun Fridays. You may enroll your child for several sessions at a time if you like. The fees are $10 per child per day or $50 per child per quarter.
NOTE: For news and updates about Fun Friday, subscribe to the RSV Newsletter by emailing email@example.com to join the mailing list.
Girl Scouts – www.girlscoutsalaska.org
Before and After Care Options outside of Rilke Schule
The following before and after care options are available through outside companies that offer transportation from Rilke Schule to their program. As such, they are in control of their own fees and registration process. Families must contact them directly to verify availability and fees, as well as to register.
If you sign your child up for an after care option that does not begin until 3 PM on Fridays, you must sign him or her up for the 1:45 – 3 PM Fun Friday program as well.
Anchorage Gymnastics Association (AGA) is providing Rilke students with a Gymnastic Sport Camp after school program for all grade levels. Please visit www.anchoragegymnastics.org or call 563-3041 to get complete information. Registration packets for AGA are available at their gym, located at 525 W Potter Drive. AGA will be picking up children from school for Fall 2015.
Their facility is also open on in-service days and holidays. They are located at 3330 Arctic Ave. Call 563-3330 or go to http://www.arcticgym.com/ for more information. Arctic Gymnastics will pick up children from school for Fall 2015.
Champ Tae Kwon Do, located at 2610 Arctic Boulevard offers an after-school martial arts program. Please call 646-0770 for more information or go to http://www.champtaekwondo.com/. Champ Tae Kwon Do will pick up children from school for Fall 2015.